Thursday 3 April 2014

REVIEW | Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation - NO PARABENS - Natural Ivory (Light 3)

REVIEW | MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION

Hi Beauties!!!

So basically I wanted to start with a foundation to review for you guys! Now this is one I swear by….

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation Natural Ivory Light 3 (Bit of a mouthful if you ask me haha ;))



I have normal to dry skin and I have always had such difficulty in finding a foundation that covers redness in my cheeks but also isn’t cakey and covers my dryness! Well this is the one! I have used this foundation for around four years and not once has it ever disappointed me. I apply around 2-3 pumps of this foundation depending on my desired coverage. The awesome thing about this foundation is it is extremely buildable and so would be great for a light coverage daytime look and a more medium coverage for nighttime going out/clubbing.

The only problem I do have with this foundation is that because it is extremely hydrating, it doesn’t dry too well on the face and leaves a very dewy finish. HOWEVER, this is easily fixed by apply a pressed powder lightly over the face to turn the foundation into more of a matte finish. On the other hand, if your desired look is dewy and you prefer that, then one less step it is for you then! The dewiness would probably be further reduced if you only used one pump for light coverage

With regards to lasting power, I would say it lasts around 5 hours. However, if this foundation is accompanied with a pressed powder than it definitely lasts all day for me! The main pressed powder I use with this foundation which works great is Fit Me Pressed Powder 120 by Maybelline. Thus, by using a pressed powder it helps to give a fuller coverage! If you don’t want more coverage I would suggest using Rimmel Stay Matte in translucent. This stuff is cheap and does the job. Its also considered a dupe for the higher end pressed powders.

Application
I used the tips of my fingers to apply this foundation, which is beneficial if you don’t want to waste any of the product. I find when I apply this with a flat top brush, the foundation becomes imbedded in the brush losing a lot of the product! I used a kabuki brush to apply the pressed powder foundation.

Pros
Light/Medium Coverage
Covers Redness
Super Hydrating for Dry skin
Pump which helps monitor how much comes out
Affordable (still a little bit pricey for New Zealand at $35 dollars)
No SPF so no white cast in photos
It is also one of the very few foundations that contain no paragons
Blends flawlessly as you can see in my photos below, no cakeyness!

Cons
Not the best selection of colours
Too hydrating for those with an oily combination

Ingredients 


With all of this said, it’s the perfect foundation in my opinion because most importantly it is super hydrating for my dry skin. Although I do need to add a pressed powder, it doesn’t bother me, especially knowing how long it lasts and that I wont have issues with dryness flaking !

Here are some pictures captured in front of the window for true lighting with the rest of my makeup to show a unified look with this foundation. 




Have a beautiful day x 
Please comment below if this was helpful to you, or any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'll also answer any questions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away my lovelys♥