Sunday 6 April 2014

FIRST IMPRESSION | REVIEW | THEBALM TIMEBALM FOUNDATION (Light)

FIRST IMPRESSION | REVIEW | THEBALM TIMEBALM FOUNDATION (Light)

Thebalm Timebalm foundation is a cream foundation which claims to be packed with vitamins and is paraben free which is always a plus! I grabbed this foundation off Beautybliss. The awesome thing about this website is it allows you to match your colour with previous foundations you have had to ensure you get the right foundation!

This foundation is medium to full coverage and definitely does smooth and prefect any blemishes or pimples on the face. However, I did notice this foundation is not ideal for those of you with dry skin. It definitely seeps into dry areas and highlights these, creating flaking of the dry skin! I also found it settles into fine lines which is disappointing and this happened even with a primer!

It is a buildable foundation from light to full coverage but you have to be careful not to build it too much to the point where it becomes cakey. I did notice in some areas especially around the mouth and cupids bow I could see the foundation had highlighted little hairs on my face. This isn’t a big deal to me if people aren’t seeing me up close but I would say it is noticeable to people up close!

With regards to packaging, it is a little disappointing especially for the price you pay for this foundation. It comes in a round plastic container and a sponge which is not that great as if you were to use it a lot of the foundation would be lost in the sponge and it also becomes a bacteria bath if you constantly put in on your face and back into the pot, especially if you are applying the foundation to your pimples. It is also not desirable if you are travelling as it has no mirror and you would need your own applicator ):

However, in saying the above, the coverage of the foundation is great, giving a flawless face IF you don’t have dry areas and conceals pimples pretty amazingly, even nasty ones!

To those of you with sensitive skin who get irritated by foundations, this did not irritate my sensitive skin and did not break me out at all. So if you have a normal combination that does get pimples you should be fine. Those of you with oily skin however, this foundation might be too dewy. In saying this though, you should be fine with pressed powder lightly dusted in your oily zones!








Application
Using fingers with WASHED hands to prevent bacteria, I created a circular motion with my fingers to warm up the foundation and then applied dabs to my face building the coverage up!

Pros:
Overall flawless coverage with the exception of highlighting dry areas
Long lasting power around 7 hours (I did however dust pressed powder over it for a more matte finish)
Dewy fresh look
Conceals pimples and under eye area (you wouldn’t need a concealer with this foundation that’s for sure)
A lot of product in the pot, so you are definitely not paying for “air”
No Parabens
Contains skin friendly ingredients!

Cons:
Not appealing packaging
Highlights dry areas
Need a reasonable amount of product to build this foundation to full coverage
Stiff foundation until its warmed up with fingers
Not travel friendly
Quite expensive (Retails for $40, bought on sale for $30)

In all honestly, would I purchase this product again? Probably no, especially because it does highlight dry areas and as you all know that’s a problem I have! I will save this foundation for days when I want a dewy look and my face is being lovey to me haha! I would probably give this foundation a 6/10 J. If I wanted this look for cheaper I would purchase Australis’s Cream foundation, which is cheaper gives, pretty much the same effect!

On the other hand, I could definitely see myself using this foundation as a concealer along with my Maybelline foundation as it conceals those red spots and pimples perfectly!

Please comment below with any feedback or questions! Be sure to follow me :)

Till next time beautieeess, Laeken x 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away my lovelys♥