Sunday 6 April 2014

Tutorial | Step by Step Donut Bun Tutorial

Hiiii Beauties,

Tutorial | Step by Step Donut Bun Tutorial 


So today I thought I would do a simple picture tutorial for you guys and help you achieve a messy bun using a donut! I will also write alternative ways if your want a more sleek and sophisticated bun!

Having a bad hair day? This hair look never fails to save me !

These can be purchased in New Zealand at Kmart in different colours so choose depending on the colour of your hair! Im sure target, warehouses and other shops that stock general hair items will definitely have these donut buns!


Step 1: Tie your hair in a ponytail using a elastic band/hair tie. I did not brush out my hair before doing so and this was to achieve the messy look! For those of you that want a polished bun, comb out your hair before tying it in a ponytail  and then brush it into a ponytail!


Step 2: Feed the ponytail through the donut (same for those of you who want a sleek look)


Step 3: Feather your hair strands over and around the bun so that no bun can be seen through your hair


Step 4: If you desire a big messy bun, sweep your hair from left to right around the bun and fasten with a clip or as many clips as you need. For a sophisticated look brush these strands out before you secure it with clips!


Step 5: Tug at the hair on the sides on your head pulling strands out closer to the ears to achieve a messy look. Also tug at the actual bun to make it bigger and fasten it with more clips

and here is the desired look - sorry for the silly face, my smiles were not working today ahhaa (so I revert to my put face!), but you get the point with the messy bun! Perfect for those bad hair days when your hair will just not work !


Till next time beauties 
Laeken x
Please leave any feedback or questions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away my lovelys♥