Monday 21 April 2014

FIRST IMPRESSION | Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara

Hello Lovelys!

FIRST IMPRESSION | Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara





So yesterday I popped into Kmart, (for those of you elsewhere other than New Zealand its like equivalent to Target or warehouse types stores) and saw Rimmel had $5.00 off which really made a difference considering how expensive make up is in New Zealand. So it retailed at $20 and I got it for $15 so I really wanted to expect some quality from this stuff, I mean $15 is still expensive really!

So first off I really love the packing, its pink, sort of fuscia! and if you're girly like me you'll love this! I saw it had a thick wand which you would assume to apply the mascara in a full voluminous way, so all was amazing UNTIL the wand hit my lashes… the love for this product immediately stopped!

Firstly you should know I have really short thin lashes and so I was looking for something that gives volume (as I wanted to use this in combination with a fibre mascara that already gives me length!)

I applied three coats of this stuff and honestly it did nothing. It only made my lashes black and boy did they look so limp and sad! I am so disappointed. I honestly though this was going to "max out the volume" of my lashes.

This is what the mascara claims to do according to the ultra.com website:

"Take your eyes to the max with the supersized, perfect-fit brush that works in perfect synergy with the exclusive quick setting Lash Expand formula. The cushion-like collagen effectively binds to each individual lash, while the keratin works to smooth the surface of the lashes, leaving them stronger, sleeker and shinier. Capture that edgy London look than with big, bold attention-grabbing lashes."

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acrylates Copolymer, Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Dimer Dilinoleate, VP/VA Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Arginine, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Panthenol, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, May Contain: Iron Oxides (Combined CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 = CI 77491).

Now… you tell me if my lashes look like "big, bold attention-grabbing lashes.."


THIS WAS THREE COATS EVERYONE, THREE COATS! and I even used a eyelash curler to give this mascara a bit of a boost!


(Sorry for the redness, I had just rubbed my eye make up off to apply this "bold attention grabbing mascara ;) )

Pros:
I was really not happy with this product. No length and no volume, what makes a girl happy about that! and its totally not doing what it claims to do - make your lashes 14x more volume. Sadly there was NO volume! ):

Cons:
Honestly this mascara does nothing, it only makes your eyelashes black but there is no volume at all and only the most minimal length is created.

So all in all sadly I have a hate relationship with this stuff, in fact there sadly is no relationship with this stuff ): If those of you out there have long luscious eyelashes and just want some colour, well this mascara can really only offer you that but every mascara does anyway!

Till next time beauties!
Laeken x
Be sure to follow me! Im just a normal teenager in love with makeup so I'd love to converse with all you makeup junkies out there and follow you also!  Have a fab day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away my lovelys♥