Tuesday 15 April 2014

FIRST IMPRESSION | REVIEW | LIMECRIME VELVENTINE WICKED

Hello beauties!

(If you can't be bothered reading this long review, skip to the pros and cons <3 I have just made it in depth because it is expensive and you do want to know what your buying is amazing right!?)




So many of you may or may not know about the new brand called lime crime! I purchased their wicked lime crime velventine from their "clueless witch collection."So pretty much what it is is a lip stain which goes on in a liquid state and turns matte within seconds!

Limecrime claims to be"touch-proof, transfer proof, long wearing, and utterly addictive."

Well what can I say the colour I purchased "wicked" is definitely a beautiful deep berry/burgundy red colour which I have fallen in love with!

When I first pulled the applicator out of the pot I was so scared to apply it to my lips because this colour is so deep and vibrant, and so pigmented! I have honestly never met a lip stick to be so strongly pigmented! I haven't done a swatch for you guys, reason being because it is so expensive so I don't want any of the product to go unused! It retails at $30 on beauty bliss, so quite the money stealer but its definitely worth it as i can't see why!

So lets get into how this product applies, and is it really long lasting, non transferable!?

So for starters, you will FOR SURE need to apply this stuff with a lip brush and line your lips with a deep plum colour, two things I don't have! So I used the applicator, which worried me because I knew how strong this stuff was! make one mistake and you can't get it off! Anyway, the outcome of using the applicator soley was alright, but I definitely didn't have sharp lines which are a must for me!. So I can say if you have a liner and a lip brush you'll be sweet!

Next thing I noticed was you have to work fast with this stuff because it dries like crazy fast! This is a positive and a negative in itself. Because I was using the applicator, I was extremely slow with applying it for fear I would make a mistake and completely ruin my lips! Therefore I noticed once I finished there were some darker areas and lighter ones as I was taking my time around the inner corners of my lip and so the product became extremely concentrated there ):. Anyway, NEVER fear, it came out looking perfect from a distant but up close you could notice this problem with the difference in pigmentation and the jagged lines!

With respect to its claims, it is definitely long wearing IF you don't eat food. I ate a pita pocked and noticed red was transferring onto it, so therefore its not totally non-transferable! I mean it was nothing major but was transferable. So with saying this, don't eat and you'll be sweet ;) Eeven though some had come off, my lips were still pretty immaculate unlike other lipsticks that Ive used from nyx and ate (had that stuff all up in my teeth and chin, not cool..)

So can I agree with all these claims..? No, but I do agree it has major staying power if you don't eat AND it is utterly addictive. I know for sure this has to be my favourite lipstick by far,  I just need to rush out and get a lip liner to perfect this beautiful lip stain!

This lip stain is also perrrrfect for Autumn!!

Oh and with respect to removal, this easily comes off with makeup wipes surprisingly as I had seen reviews with people saying this stuff was awful to get off! :)

So.. if you couldn't be bothered reading all the above just read these quick pros and cons, and if you could you're amazing ! :)

Pros:
Long staying power
YES utterly addictive
Gorgeous pigmentation, like seriously A-MAZE-ING
Lovely packaging
Easy to remove with wipes!


Cons:
Sadly, it is transferable ):
You can't eat so called meals, but you could eat snacks as long as they don't pass your lips
NEED a lip liner, and a lip brush to apply it, you can't really just use the applicator as it has no precision

Till next times beauties, let me know how limecrime works for you because id LOVE to know!!
Laeken x


So you can see in this one below the colour feathers out on the bottom lips and top and there is more concentrated colour in some areas over others due to no lip liner/lip brush












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away my lovelys♥